Local History Group
Your local history group provides talks on topics of historical interest and also visits to places of special appeal. The group continues to develop our archive of records, documents and photographs kindly donated by local people over many years. This facilitates research and the development of publications such as 'Pulford & Poulton through the Ages' and 'The History of the Parish Church St Mary the Virgin, Pulford', both of which have been produced by the history group. Both publications are still available for purchase from the history group.
Established in the year 2000 the group continues to enjoy a very active existence.
- Wednesday 18 January - our Annual Quiz & Buffet - tickets £5
- Wednesday 15th February - “Chester Porphyria” - An illustrated talk by Dr David Ewins.
- Wednesday 15th March - “The Lion Salt Works and the Salt Heritage” - An illustrated talk by Mr Peter Solan (this is a change to the previously advertised programme).
- Wednesday 19th April - “The Servants of Erddig” illustrated talk by Ms Jill Burton.
- Wednesday 17th May - AGM followed by members mini talks.
Chairman: John D Venables, 01244 570718
Secretary: Jenny Nethercott - 01244 571040